Call for Submissions (ongoing)
The Kelowna Art Gallery is currently accepting proposals from regional, early career artists to create a site-specific installation for the The Glass Gallery. Exhibitions will rotate every four months and three installations will be selected for the year..
The mission of the Kelowna Art Gallery is to engage, inspire, and enrich the greater community through the exhibition, collection, and interpretation of visual art. The Glass Gallery is an exhibition space that celebrates local, early career artists and strives to provide a space where they can engage with diverse audiences. It is situated adjacent to the main entrance of the Gallery and can be seen twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, ensuring exhibiting artists receive a wide range of public exposure.
All proposals should take into consideration that The Glass Gallery is an exhibition space intended for multi-dimensional installation works and artists are expected to be capable of on-site installation with minimal assistance. We are committed to fostering artists’ professional careers and are proud to pay successful applicants exhibition royalties in accordance with the current CAR/FAC Fee Schedule (Category 2). The Glass Gallery is considered a ‘Single Work’ exhibition site and is well suited to early career artists seeking a professional exhibition opportunity.
- Submissions are open to all emerging and early career artists currently located in the Okanagan Valley region.
- Artwork must be newly created or specifically adapted for The Glass Gallery
- All mediums will be considered; however, preference will be given to installation works that adequately fill the space.
- Work must not exceed the dimensions of The Glass Gallery
- The artist is responsible for on-site installation of their work; work must be installed during the business hours of one day. (Gallery staff may be requested to aid with install if previously agreed upon)
- Works of art must remain installed for the duration of the exhibition (four months) and be removed on the exhibition closing date determined by the Gallery.
- Works cannot be altered once installed and should require no ongoing maintenance work on behalf of the Gallery.
- Minor changes may be made to The Glass Gallery, acceptable examples include, adding supports, shelves, painting walls, vinyl, etc., in consultation with the Gallery.
If this sounds like your opportunity, download the PDF below to find out more about what is required to submit your proposal today!
If you have any further questions, please contact Christine May, Curator at 250-762-2226 ext. 303 or email email@example.com.
PREVIOUS GLASS GALLERY INSTALLATIONS
Click to view each exhibition page.