The Kelowna Art Gallery welcomes exhibition submissions from artists throughout the year. We are committed to staying current and responsive to art practices, locally and regionally, as well as nationally. We are open to submissions from artists working in any medium or method. Submissions are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please note that our gallery spaces are usually booked at least two years in advance.
Your submission should be addressed to Nataley Nagy, Executive Director, and should include
- Covering Letter introducing yourself and your project/scope of work.
- Artist Statement describing the focus of your work and your objectives.
- Curriculum Vitae including your mailing address, phone number, and email address, education, exhibition history, and any experience, employment, or teaching relevant to your art practice.
- 10 to 20 images of recent work as jpegs on a CD. Do not send original works of art.
- List of Images with corresponding numbers as well as titles of works, media, years of completion, and dimensions.
- Self-addressed stamped padded envelope with adequate postage if you would like your materials returned. If this is not included, the gallery cannot be responsible for returning your submission.
The Kelowna Art Gallery pays the full rate for artist’s exhibition fees as set out by CARFAC in discussion with CAMDO. The Kelowna Art Gallery is a member of the Canadian Museums Association and the British Columbia Museums Association and adheres to the professional and ethical standards set out by these bodies.
Due to the high volume of submission, only artists of interest will be contacted.
Submission can be mailed to:
Nataley Nagy, Executive Director
Kelowna Art Gallery
1315 Water St.