The Kelowna Art Gallery welcomes exhibition submissions from artists throughout the year. We are committed to staying current and responsive to art practice, both locally and regionally, as well as nationally. All submissions are looked at thoughtfully by a committee of visual arts professionals at the gallery. We are open to submissions from artists working in any medium and manner. Priority consideration will be given to artists who are working with sophistication and have a sustained production. Artists who demonstrate a concentrated investigation and high level of creative exploration, and whose work engages audiences on a variety of levels, are of greatest interest to us. All artists submitting will receive a reply from the gallery staff.
Please note that our gallery spaces are usually booked at least two years in advance.
Please click to see a floor plan of the gallery spaces so you can take the sizes/proportions of our exhibition spaces into account, click here.
Your exhibition proposal to the Kelowna Art Gallery should include:
• A covering letter – addressed to Toby Lawrence, Curator. Please introduce yourself and your project/scope of work.
• Your curriculum vitae – This should include your mailing address, phone number and email address, education, exhibition history, related teaching experience or other employment related to your art. Please also include mention of awards and scholarships, and a bibliography of reviews, articles, catalogues, etc.
• Publications – Please attach copies of published reviews or articles on your work.
• Your artist’s statement – Please describe the focus of your recent work and your objectives.
• Images – Include 10 to 20 images of recent work as jpegs on a CD. Do not send original works of art.
• Image List – Include a list of the images with corresponding numbers as well as titles of works, media, years of completion, and dimensions.
• A self-addressed stamped padded envelope with adequate postage for return of your material. If this is not included, the gallery cannot be responsible for returning your submission.
The Kelowna Art Gallery pays the full rate for artist’s exhibition fees as set out by CARFAC in discussion with CAMDO. The Kelowna Art Gallery is a member of the Canadian Museums Association and the British Columbia Museums Association and adheres to the professional and ethical standards set out by these bodies.