Call for Submissions
Community Arts Project
Deadline: April 15, 2018
The Kelowna Art Gallery is currently accepting proposals for community arts projects. The selected project will be exhibited in the The Front project space of the Gallery from June 30 to September 9, 2018.
The Front project space is an exhibition space that celebrates collaboration with community organizations and strives to engage diverse audiences. All exhibitions in this space are offered at no cost to the public. The mission of the Kelowna Art Gallery is to engage, inspire, and enrich the greater community through the exhibition, collection, and interpretation of visual art.
We welcome applications from cultural and community organizations, collectives, artists, curators, performers, designers, makers, and others. Applicants may wish to complement their project with community programming, such as workshops, public talks, film screenings, outreach initiatives– the possibilities are endless!
Applicants should demonstrate experience and interest in one of the following fields:
- Community-based art
- Creative education
- Socially-engaged work
- Equity and inclusive environments
- Arts and crafts
- Social and environmental justice
- Visual and/or performing arts
All proposals should take into consideration that The Front project space is a multi-purpose exhibition space that is used for catered events, art classes, and children’s programming. Work exhibited in this space is at a higher risk of damaged due to the community use of the room. While we do our best to ensure the safety of all works of art on the premises, the Kelowna Art Gallery will not be responsible for the loss or damage to your work. Works of art must remain installed in The Front project space for the duration of the exhibition and should be picked up after the closing date determined by the Kelowna Art Gallery.
All applications must include the following details:
- Primary contact information (address, phone number, email address, and website)
- Resume/CV for the project lead(s)
- Summary of your project (500 words maximum)
- Your experience working collaborative in community and nonprofit settings
- Other partnership projects your organization has participated in (please provide a list of up to three projects)
- Outline of facility requirements
- Any accommodations you envision needing to ensure the accessibility of your exhibition
- Project budget*
- Up to five images can be included in your application
* The Kelowna Art Gallery may offer up to $5,000 in project funding, which does not include the in-kind donation of space or curatorial, installation, programming, outreach and marketing support.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Wyllie, Public Programming Coordinator, at 250-762-2226 ext. 307 or email email@example.com
To apply, please submit your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2018.