Volunteer at the Kelowna Art Gallery!
NOTE: Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions we have not been able host events recently. This unfortunately means that we also don’t have opportunities for Event Volunteers to help out with at this time. We look forward to when we can again get our event volunteers back in our space supporting our events.
DOCENTS: Docents lead school tours teaching children about topics related to our current exhibitions and excite them about the world of contemporary art.
Full training is provided.
Schedule: October to June: requires a weekly daytime commitment
EVENTS: Event volunteers help out with opening receptions, artists’ talks, community events, and at special fundraising events.
Schedule: Year-round: typically on Thursday & Friday evenings.
Commitment is casual on an event-to-event basis
As a volunteer, what can I bring to the Kelowna Art Gallery?
- An enthusiasm for the visual arts and related activities at the Gallery
- Pleasant demeanour and helpful attitude
- Community mindedness
- Dependability, conscientiousness and the ability to work well with others
- A desire to enrich the art experience for each and every visitor
- 10 hours of volunteer service = one free individual membership
- 30 hours of volunteer service = one free workshop or art class
- Support visual arts and give back to your community
- Meet new people and learn new skills
Contact the Gallery today at 250.762.2226 ext. 306 or email [email protected]