September 17, 2022 to January 15, 2023
Gwen Lamont, Portrait of Bunty Bradford (detail), oil on canvas, 1932. Gift of Eain Lamont, 1987.
Pat Rosen, Dream Error Potential, work #5 (detail), oil on canvas, 1994. Gift of the artist, 1998.
Ellen Vaughan Grayson, untitled (detail), oil on canvas, n.d. Gift of David and Carolyn Grayson, 1999.
“Good artists copy; great artists steal”
This year, the Kelowna Art Gallery invites its members to take a deep dive into its Permanent Collection and choose one or several works of art as inspiration for their submission to the annual Members Exhibition. Members are encouraged to explore the Permanent Collection Database, which contains images and information about the nearly 1,000 works stored in the Gallery’s vaults. For more than 40 years, the Gallery has collected, conserved, and exhibited a variety of historical and contemporary art, and now it’s your turn to “steal” from the creations held in our vast collection.
- Open to current members of the Kelowna Art Gallery. Your membership must be valid as of July 29, 2022
- Only one artwork per member will be accepted
- New work produced within the last 12 months
- Artwork should be 18×24 inches or smaller in size
- Appropriate hanging hardware installed prior to drop off. Works on paper, including photography, must be framed.
- Artwork must remain on display throughout the entire run of the exhibition
- Late submissions will not be accepted
- Artworks should reference an art piece from the Kelowna Art Gallery’s Permanent Collection. Please identify on your submission form which work(s) you are referencing.
- The Gallery reserves the right to not accept works of art that do not meet the requirements outlined above
SUBMISSION FORM DEADLINE
FRIDAY, July 29, 2022
- The submission form is available on our website com
- Late submissions and artworks without a completed submission form will not be accepted.
ARTWORK DROP OFF
TUESDAY, September 13, 2022
BETWEEN 9 AM AND 5 PM
- Artwork will not be accepted prior to or after this date. If you are unable to drop your own work off, please arrange for someone else to drop it off.
- Artwork must have appropriate hanging hardware installed prior to drop off. Works on paper, including photography, must be framed.
- Artwork should have identifying information on the back including artist name, and artwork title.
ARTWORK PICK UP
MONDAY, January 16, 2023
BETWEEN 9 AM AND 5 PM
- The Gallery will not store any artwork after Monday, January 16, 2023. If you are unable to pick up your own work, please arrange for someone else to do so.
The Kelowna Art Gallery will not be responsible for damage to your art during the run of this exhibition.
The Kelowna Art Gallery is not a commercial gallery and will not facilitate or provide consultation regarding the sale of artworks.
Artists featured in the Members’ Exhibition agree that the Kelowna Art Gallery can reproduce images of their artwork for non-commercial promotional use.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email Victoria Verge, Education Coordinator at [email protected]