Hours: Part-Time: 6-20 hrs. per week
Hourly rate: $16.00
Start Date: September 2022
Positions Available: 1
Application Deadline: Ongoing
The Kelowna Art Gallery is currently seeking one individual to join our team as a Part-time Gallery Assistant.
This position assists with all aspects of visitor services, specifically reception admissions, class and camp registrations, visitor statistics and customer service support. Duties also include maintaining the reception area clean and tidy and providing security to the Gallery by monitoring our video surveillance system. Shifts include evenings and weekends. Additional work hours may be available for on-site assistance with Gallery special events and/or facility rentals.
- Must enjoy working with the public and meeting new people
- Must possess customer service experience and experience handling cash
- Must be able to work as a team member
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must be interested in the visual arts, and the cultural attractions in this region
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel, Experience with Square is an asset
- Must be able to multitask and work with frequent interruption
- French language is an asset
- Must have flexible availability
Please email resumes and cover letters to [email protected]
The Kelowna Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from self-identified members of underserved communities as well as visible and invisible minority groups. We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. We will only consider applications received by email.
Call for Art Instructors (ongoing)
The Kelowna Art Gallery is always seeking to expand its offerings of adult and youth workshops and classes and is accepting proposals from qualified instructors to teach a variety of art skills.
Class offerings run from January to June and September to December. Class scheduling options are 6-week sessions during the day and evenings, or can be single weekend workshops.
Proposals should include the following:
– The type of class/medium you would like to teach
– A few examples of your work in that medium (please send .jpg files)
– Preferred or suggested times you would like to teach (day, evening, weekends)
– A resume outlining previous teaching experience, education, and experience as a working artist
Interested candidates should email proposals to: [email protected]