Celebrate your Child’s Birthday at the Kelowna Art Gallery!
Our unique birthday party package offers your child and their friends the chance to create a masterpiece, explore current exhibitions, and celebrate their big day in an exciting way.
Birthdays at the Kelowna Art Gallery are the stress-free way to host a party. We take care of all the setup, activity, and clean up. You simply provide your own food, beverages, and birthday cake. Your child and their friends will have a memorable experience with a fun and knowledgeable instructor. By the end of the party each guest will take home the ultimate favour, a vibrant piece of artwork they created!
Your Birthday Party Package includes:
- Private use of our ArtLab studio space
- Age-appropriate art activities led by our fun and knowledgeable education staff
- A guided tour of our current exhibitions
- Setup and cleanup of the ArtLab studio space by gallery staff
Availability: Weekends during regular gallery operating hours
Please contact us for additional information.
Maximum duration: 2 hours
Cost: $225 Non-members | $195 Members
To book your birthday party at the Kelowna Art Gallery, contact Ryan Trafananko, Public Programming Assistant, at 250-762-2226 ext 310.
Our art activities can be tailored to your child’s favorite medium, colour, area of interest etc. or select from one of the suggested activities below:
Explore the world of collage and mixed media by creating a one of a kind artwork on a canvas panel. Young artists will use a collection of decorative papers, embellishments, and acrylic paints to create a unique fusion of images and colours.
Take painting to the next level with a crash course in colour mixing, abstract expressionism, and texture mediums. Works will be created with a variety of acrylic paints and mediums on a canvas panel.
Create a collection of vibrant art cards to display or share with your friends. Party goers will learn a simple shaving cream marbling technique using high flow acrylic paints.
- Maximum 12 guests, including the birthday person
- Please provide one adult supervisor for every 6 children (adult chaperones not included in guest count)
- Non-refundable 50% booking deposit is required
- 3 weeks’ advance notice is required for booking
- Food may not be prepared on site
- No open flame; therefore, no candles for cake or sterno for chafing dishes
- No decorations affixed to walls (please advise if bringing helium balloons)
- Birthday Party clients are subject to the Kelowna Art Gallery Facility Rental Policy
- Fees are subject to applicable taxes