The Kelowna Art Gallery depends on volunteers in the success of programs and events each year. The Gallery welcomes new volunteers year round in three areas:
FAMILY SUNDAYS ACTIVITIES
DOCENTS FOR SCHOOL TOURS
EVENT volunteers are required for exhibitions and receptions, fundraising and community events. This includes GO Parties! (Gallery Openings), our annual gala event Appetite for Art and our Canada Day Apple Bin Paint-In.
FAMILY SUNDAYS volunteers are required to help facilitate hands-on activities to family members of all ages by introducing art projects, ideas and processes and to help build a greater understanding of visual arts.
DOCENT volunteers are required to act as a tour guide for school aged children. Docents teach kids about topics related to our current exhibitions and excite them about the world of contemporary art. Training is provided.
If there is a particular area you would like to work in or a special skill that would be helpful, we can find that perfect opportunity for you!
What qualities are best suited to become a volunteer at the Kelowna Art Gallery?
- An enthusiasm for the visual arts and related activities at the Gallery
- Pleasant demeanor and helpful attitude
- A desire to enrich the art experience for each and every visitor
What does it mean to volunteer at the Kelowna Art Gallery?
- to give back to the arts community by showing personal gratitude
- to connect with other people of like minded interests
- bring about social change
Kelowna Art Gallery volunteers play an important role by helping to enrich the art experience for the general public and build a connection between exhibitions, art and the visitor.
As a thank you for your hard work and dedication, the Kelowna Art Gallery would like to offer you the following for your volunteer service:
- 10 hours of volunteer service = One Free Individual Membership
- 30 hours of volunteer service = One Free Workshop/Art Class
(*exception; docents receive additional benefits, please refer to the Public Programming Dept)
Contact the Gallery today at 250.762.2226 ext. 306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org