Celebrate your child’s birthday creatively at the Kelowna Art Gallery!
Your child and guests can experience the visual arts with a guided exhibition tour, hand-on arts activities, and a private studio for the celebration. We’ll set up and clean up, you provide your own food, beverages, and birthday cake.
Availability: Saturdays between 10:30 am and 3:30 pm, and Sundays between 1:30 and 3:30 pm.
Duration: Maximum duration, 2 hours
Fee: $165 Members | $195 Non-members
To book your birthday party at the Gallery, contact the Marketing and Events Coordinator at 250.762.2226.
Your Birthday Party Package includes:
- Private studio for event (Scotiabank Studio)
- Guided tour of the current exhibitions
- Age-appropriate, supervised art activities
Your choice of art activity from below:
Mixed-Media Mania – This fun and funky mixed-media-on-canvas workshop will have children expanding their creative horizons while exploring a variety of materials. Each child will create a one-of-a-kind work of art using stencils, decorative paper, acrylic medium, and paint. Approaches currently used by artists working in mixed-media will be introduced to children, who will combine painting, drawing, and collage techniques. All materials and supplies are included. Final works can easily be framed for a professional, looking end result, as standard frame sizes have been used for backing materials.
Explore Your Inner Artist with Playful Painting - Roll up your sleeves and explore your inner artist in this acrylic, painting-on-canvas class. Children will be introduced to the foundation skills of working with this versatile and popular medium. In addition to painting, children will also have the opportunity to incorporate the use of stencils and layering. Everyone will have a chance to let go and create a unique and playful work of art. All materials and supplies are included. Final works can be stretched onto stretcher bars at home later for a professional- looking end result.
- Maximum 15 guests, including the birthday person
- Please provide one adult supervisor for every 7 children (adult chaperones not included in guest count)
- Non-refundable 50% booking deposit is required
- 3 weeks’ advance notice is required for booking
- Food may not be prepared on site
- No open flame; therefore, no candles for cake or sterno for chafing dishes
- No helium balloons or decorations affixed to walls
- Birthday Party clients are subject to the Kelowna Art Gallery Facility Rental Policy
- Fees are subject to applicable taxes